Get an education, pick a career that balances your interests / reality on income / reality of the lifestyle you want to live, develop your skills while in college:
- Acknowledge that the more education you obtain, the more likely you are to find a job and the more money you will make
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment: HTML.
- Pick an occupation with favorable income and job opening outlooks
- Ensure you develop the right skills during your college career – National Association of Colleges and Employers – Career readiness: A definition and competencies: PDF.
- Sacramento State Business Job Board: PDF.
- Investopedia Guide to Financial careers.
- Interesting InfoGraphic on R vs. Python from DataCamp
- Travel Grants for students to attend conferences. This could come in handy for Student Investment Fund students that wish to attend the GAME forum in New York next Spring.