Choosing a degree/career path
I encourage past, present, and future students to pick a career that balances their interests and abilities with the income reality of their desired lifestyle. The following links can help narrow down the search.
- Acknowledge that the more education you obtain, the more likely you are to find a job and the more money you will make
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment: HTML.
- Pick an occupation with favorable income and job opening outlooks
- Ensure you develop the right skills during your college career – National Association of Colleges and Employers – Career readiness: A definition and competencies: PDF.
Informative videos from Envestnet Institute on Campus
- Get a sense of finance industry careers.
- Career opportunities in wealth management: YouTube.
- Get your resume together.
- Writing an impactful resume: YouTube.
- Be ready for the interview.
- Preparing for an interview: YouTube.
- Investopedia Guide to Financial careers.
- Interesting InfoGraphic on R vs. Python from DataCamp
- Travel Grants for students to attend conferences. This could come in handy for Student Investment Fund students that wish to attend the GAME forum in New York next Spring.
- AcademicWorks portal for applying to scholarships at Sacramento State: HTML.